It’s Carnival Tuesday 2014 in Trinidad. I have a dose of the Carnival tabanca …so here’s 16 questions for a Trini Traveller that I’ve gotten over the last couple months on my facebook page or via email.
- Where do I live?
Toronto but I pretend to live in Trinidad or Prince Edward Island.
- First travel memory?
Touching down in Trinidad for the first time. I still remember the plane ride and smell of Piarco Airport in 1981 as a child.
- On my iPod/iPad when I travel … ?
I’m playing Infinity Blade 3 and listening to 2013 and 2014 soca
- Best travel tip for flying?
Always wear slip on shoes and never wear tight jeans, especially on long flights!
- Favorite town for lunch?
Lima, Peru in 2013. Hands down, the most concentrated center of awesome tasting, diverse, fresh and value priced food in the world.
- If I had a year off … ?
I would travel from the top to the bottom of South America with the wife, honing my Spanish skills, while working remotely while couchsurfing all the way.
- Favorite town for breakfast?
Antigua, Guatemala in 2012. You’ll always find something, cheap, great and fresh at any hour of the morning. Where else can you get an entire plate of great brekkie for 3$
- Best travel buddy?
- A glass of 21 yr old Highland Park in a business class seat en route to Hong Kong with my Bose QC-3 on.
- My wife comes in a close second because she likes to cuddle on the plane and talk.
- Best drink in the best bar?
- When I travel for more than 90 mins…
I will always finish that week’s issue of the Economist. I would like to read more fiction, but I’m too lazy for it.
- When not writing for this blog …
I’m usually asleep or reading for work
- My assignment, in 5 words
Challenging, amazing and always confusing
- Best travel tip for making friends abroad …
Always buy the maximum duty free allowance your favorite exceptional alcohol and always have a bottle of it in your backpack. When I can’t do it … I go a little ballistic …
- Last holiday …
Went to Antarctica … nuff said
- If I had to eat only one type of cuisine for the rest of my life …
Hakka food … all the way. I love my Trini food, but Hakka is like Trinidadian styled Chinese food … just 100 times better.
- Next destination …
No idea … flying to Prince Edward Island and Napa Valley for a wedding doesn’t count as destinations for me.