leave your house at 2pm on a July Sunday and in the next three hours, do a mini World tour consisting of the following activities:
- Pass through the Beaches Jazz Festival and get inundated by the crowds
- Snacking on some Steak & Potato, Veggie and Tandoori Chicken Samosas at Sultan of Samosas.
- Head down to Harbourfront Center to check out the crowds and the people coming back from Center Island
- Then attempt to grab chocolates at Soma in the Distillery District. Doesn’t matter that we failed at this, but that we passed through the district
- Finally grab some Hakka food (Manchurian Mixed Fried Rice, Kan Shue Green Beans and Extra Spicy Chili Chicken) at Federicks in Scarborough
Although Montreal will always remain my first love of Canadian cities, Toronto is finally getting some love from me – it only takes access to a car and about 8 years – but it mostly hinges on the car. Toronto is a city that you really need a car to find the best food around – Montreal is compact and lovely but comes in second to the Asian food you can get in Toronto.