It’s the following
- 8 days into our trip
- 4.5 years I’ve aged in the last week
- 7 hours since I’ve scolded Mitchell for not listening to an explicit instruction, hitting his sister or giving his opinion
- 18 timeouts this morning for Mitchell
- 1st morning on the boat here in the Bay of Islands
Couple observations on our vacation experience so far
- Travelling with kids is no joke. All those “mommy bloggers” or “parent travel bloggers” who tell you that travelling with kids is easy are all fucking liars.
- My kids are easy travellers. The Baba has been an exceptional traveller for his first 4 years. This year with the introduction of his sister along with being a highly opinionated 5 year old has made him quite difficult.
- It is not about physical or packing preparation. We’ve packed more luggage than I’ve ever seen before …