What do you do to motivate yourself to update a travel blog when you’re not really travelling a lot? Well that’s easy … post about all the other stuff that’s going on …
For the past 12 months, I’ve done less travelling than I’ve done in the last 13 years. Comparatively, it’s still more than the average person but this is my blog and I get to vent. Where have I been in 2015??
- 3 1/2 weeks in Guatemala
- A pair of one week getaways to our summer house in Prince Edward Island.
- A one night trip to Montreal
- A couple weekend shopping trips to Buffalo … yeah seriously!
We are off on a wedding cruise to Bermuda on Sunday, so that should be a welcome break from all the moving and what not.
- Watching | OITNB and Mindy Project
- Now that Mitchell goes to bed at 7PM, D* and I can attempt to watch some NetFlix with Orange is the New Black and maybe the Mindy Project. Personally, I can’t stand watching Mindy Lahiri on TV, but she does come out with some funny lines every so often. It’s complete crap and I can resume watching my guilty pleasures on TV every once in a while. I did also blast through the last season of Suits and Doctor Who in 24 hours.
- Reading | Blogs and PeopleSoft manuals
- Gossip sites : WWTDD and TheDirty, and then mostly travel blogs and PeopleSoft manuals for work. Sad … I know but I have not had time to sit down and read a book in about 5 years.
- Working On | Being a real estate AirBnB boss
- After buying a house in Prince Edward Island last year on a whim, we finally finished the renovations of the first property. It’s turned into a lovely AirBnb rental. Later this year, we will be looking to invest in a couple more real estate opportunities to add to the portfolio. Wtih the focus on real estate and rentals, I have not had the time to invest into updating the blog with all the travel content that I would like to do or even do a couple travel memory recaps with all the places I’ve visited but failed to write about. I’ve also had to contemplate the focus of the site when most of my time is focused on family, work and child rearing support.
- Feeling | Excited and a little anxious
- Since becoming a dad, a lot of things have been realigned. Career and travelling have taken a back seat and rightfully so. D* and I have tried to change the equation, by looking at alternatives that would allow her to stay home and me to travel less. With most travellers, there comes a logical time in your life, where you have to scale back something … even if it means scaling back the activity that’s allowed you to grow the most. Finding balance in my life has been extremely challenging. Something clicked though over the last couple of weeks and everything seems to be falling back into place. I suppose I made peace with the situation?
- Planning | On buying more investment properties and expanding our business lines
- We’ve been very fortunate in having our hard work and investments work out for us. In the last year, we sank a tremendous amount of our cash flow in getting the first PEI property up and running, but we thought that it would be a solid investment that would also give us a nice summer home. That vision has changed into something more concrete.
- Loving | The moment
- I wish I could stop time, as my son is growing at such a fast pace, however I am loving his current age. It seems like each day he does something new and his personality is really starting to show. He might look like the spitting image of his Dad, but we are like two peas in a pod when it comes to his personality — he is so curious, fearless, joyful, and stubborn as can be!
- My Favorite Photo | One that was not planned