I love cable car rides … nuff said. If your country has a great cable car ride, then more than likely I will do it once I get there. For instance, a couple of my favorite cable car rides have been
- Matterhorn, Switzerland … post
- Monserrat, Spain … post
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil … post
- Masada, Israel … post
- Barcelona, Spain … post
Of course, Singapore as a world famous city-state must have a Singapore Cable Car ride. It must be clean, efficient, well organized and linked to some other tourist trap, because it wouldn’t be Singaporean if it wasn’t.
After walking around Sentosa (which although a must see, if you’ve done any beach resort anywhere in the world, and you’ve done any huge theme park in the US, then combine the two and you have Sentosa … it might be your cup of tea or not), we headed up the look out and to the cable car ride.
The process is simple … you walk in, you pay and you go … no waiting around and no sharing with anyone else, if you don’t want to.
As noted, the views are pretty spectacular and you get a good sense of the scale of the skyscrapers and the Port of Singapore.
You can also catch the Cable Car ride from Clark Quay …
As for the details
- Cost : 26$ SGD per person
- Entry into Sentosa by taxi : $6SGD .. or free if you do it from the Jetty
- Times : These cable cars run daily from 8.30 am to 9 pm.
- Max Height : 1000 ft
- Cable Car length : 1.6km
- Link : http://www.sentosa.com.sg/en/attractions/imbiah-lookout/cable-car/